Saturday, March 28, 2009

60 Earth Hour HAS ARRIVED!

By now, everyone has heard the buzz - get ready for 60 Earth Hour 2009. It's all over the media, everywhere.

It's here and the hour is done! I had an hour for Mother Earth like the millions around the world. Somehow it didn't feel that long. Well, we were having dinner and with candles lit, and chit chat over a meal and a glass of red wine, time passed pleasantly. The air was rather cool. Surprisingly, no mozzies annoyed us in the dark.




Only one light was on in our entire house and it was the wall light for the back garden. The neighbours' houses seemed darker than usual. What more can I say?

I'm glad we were part of this worldwide event. Call it hype, if you want to. But how about awareness? We have to to start from somewhere. And it's here and now.

The spirit of being united in promoting a message is powerful. Actions will then speak louder than words.

My candles in my kitchen are blown out. The lights are switched on. I ask myelf, 'Where do we go from here?' The answer lies in me, in each of us. JUST BE the bright light for Mother Earth. Conserve! Save!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Great to have you popping in!